Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hello again

Its amazing how good it feels to come home after being away for a length of time. I've been gone for 10 days and I have yet to leave my bed for more than 2 hours at a time. The persistent rain encourages this behavior, but its just the relaxation I need right now. So lets take some time to chit chat.

I left Sunday night to pop over one of my besties' house to prepare to leave for our trip Monday morning at the crack... actually before the crack of dawn for what we hoped would be warm, sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. While most of the time it was quite hazy, we all got some color (some of us more than others...) and we all had a great time. I'll soon be adding a couple "Places to go" type posts with some more trip details. We spent four days in hazy, humid Ft. Lauderdale, met up with my home girl from Villanova for a day (Holla Jenniferrrrr!), relived all of college in one night, went sailing, had the largest margaritas on the planet, and enjoyed being sandy at the beach. We arrived home at 11:30 pm Thursday night sleepy and tanned/burned.

Friday morning Howie and I left at 8:00 am to head down to Philadelphia for my brother's graduation from Villanova. We had a jam packed weekend there as well: We met with our priest, we met with our new wedding coordinator at our reception venue, we ate lots of meals, had a siblings night with the college seniors and a keg, attended the Engineering Recognition Ceremony, attended the Baccalaureate Mass, and attended the Commencement Ceremony Sunday before finally returning home after a 4 hour drive, which should normally be 2 hours. Whew! What a week!

Yesterday morning I woke up in my own bed with the rain pouring down and the sky darkened by the clouds. Perfect sleeping weather. As you can imagine I took advantage and stayed in bed most of the day watching brainless tv: aka reality shows on E!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment