Saturday, May 12, 2012

The easiest home-made truffles ever...

I have no idea where I found this recipe originally, but it is so simple and so delicious. Now, I don't have a picture because I made them for my mom for mother's day and forgot to take one before giving them to her... but they are still delicious and worth trying!

Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
8 oreos
4 oz of cream cheese 
Your favorite type of chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet morsels)

In a food processor, process the cookies, add the cream cheese (softened/room temp) and pulse. Form the mixture in to little balls and place in the freezer x 1 hour. I usually just mix the cream cheese into the cookies after they've been processed because it lessens the clean up on the food processor from really having to clean off the cream cheese to just getting rid of crumbs. 

After 1 hour (I usually let them sit in the freezer for longer because I'll prep them then go get distracted with errands), Melt chocolate morsels according to package directions ... I melt them in the microwave for a minute or two stirring intermittently. Dip the oreo/cream cheese balls in the chocolate, place back in the freezer for 1 hour. Eat and ENJOY!

Note: I'm really terrible at melting the chocolate chips so I usually use a spoon to help me apply the melty chocolate to the oreo balls as if it were like icing. In the end, still tastes just as good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment